Today is the fateful day that Brian “The Turk” Gutekunst derails the near-term NFL dreams of 27 hopefuls. Culled from a variety of sources, here are the Packers players that have not made the team:
- Stephen Denmark, CB, per Matt Schneidman
- Dexter WIlliams, RB, per Ryan Wood
- Rojesterman Farris, CB, per Bill Huber
- Ben Braden, OL, per Bill Huber
- Jacob Capra, OL, per Bill Huber
- Kurt Benkert, QB, per Paul Bretl
- Christian Uphoff, S, per Rob Demovsky
- Tipa Galeai, LB, per Ryan Wood
- Kabion Ento, CB, per Ryan Wood
- Patrick Taylor, RB, per Tom Silverstein
- Reggie Begelton, WR, per Tom SIlverstein
- Cole Van Lanen, OL, per Matt Schneidman
- Innis Gaines, S, per Bill Huber
- Equanameous ST. Brown, WR, per Tom Pelissero
- JJ Molson, PK, per Ryan Wood
- Willington Previlon, DL, per Ryan Wood
- Damon Hazelton, WR, per Ryan Wood
- Delontae Scott, LB, per Tom Silverstein
- Juwaan Winfree, WR per Tom Silverstein
- Ray Wilborn, LB, per Ryan Wood
- Coy Cronk, OL, per Bill Huber
- Carlo Kemp, DL, per Tom Silverstein
- Bronson Kaufusi, TE, per Tom Pelissero
- Abdullah Anderson, DL, per Ryan Wood
- De’Jon Harris, LB, per …
(JK Scott is assumed to be cut once their new punter (Ray Bojorquez) passes his physical.
26. David Baktiari, OT per Ian Rapoport The earliest DBak could play would be week 7 versus Washington, but Week 8 against the Cardinals is more likely (2 weeks to practice after coming off PUP).
(As Rob Demovsky pointed out, we all overlooked the fact that DBak would have had to pass his physical to be put on the 53-man roster, so he could then go on IR. That was never really an option, even though we all thought it was.)
27. Jace Sternberger, TE
Packers aquire P Cory Bojorquez from the Ram and a 2023 7th Round pick for a 2023 6th Round pick.
Check back for more additions to the list as they are made public.
PRACTICE SQUAD: This season, teams can carry 16 players on a practice squad — six more than previous seasons. Six of the 16 slots can be used on players of ANY experience level. Also, teams can protect up to four practice squad players per week who cannot be signed by another team.
I would like to take this opportunity to give a big THANK YOU to all of the Packers’ beat writers who work tirelessly to bring us the most up-to-date news on our team. Here’s a convenient list you can follow to keep up with their news.
Brian “The Turk” Gutekunst
“Jersey Al” Bracco is the Editor-In-Chief, part owner and wearer of many hats for CheeseheadTV.com and PackersTalk.com. He is also a recovering Mason Crosby truther. Follow Al on twitter at @JerseyalGBP.