The Badgers upset Marquette in Milwaukee and, boy, I bet that felt good!
Good morning! This is going to be a daily(ish) post that discusses the goings on of the rest of the Big Ten Conference, and the country as needed. Much like the European Union, the Big Ten is a loosely confederated group of entities that sometimes have the same goals (like free movement of people between countries or not winning national titles in football or basketball) and sometimes accept new members that they later regret (Estonia or Nebraska).
We hope that you will use this post to comment on things happening around the conference and also as a sort of daily open thread to discuss breaking news or argue about Spotted Cow (which we NO LONGER DO).
- The men’s soccer team continued their hot streak by upsetting No. 18/9 Marquette on the road, 1-0, in double OT. Jack Finnegan scored his first career goal to shock the Golden Eagles and give Wisconsin a two match winning streak.
— Wisconsin Soccer (@BadgerMSoccer) September 14, 2021
This hot streak couldn’t have come at a better time for UW as they begin conference play on Friday when they host Michigan State at McClimon Soccer Complex for Student Night at 7:30 p.m. Admission is free and the game will be nationally televised on Big Ten Network.
- Jerry Mao whips ass. He is the creative video director for the Badgers and is one of the main reasons that the hype videos before football games have been WAY better the past couple of seasons. It is nice to see talented people recognized for their work.
Here is the winning video.
We’re Wisconsin Badgers
and we’re damn proud of it
Continue the Badger Legacy
— Wisconsin Badgers (@UWBadgers) September 9, 2020
- Super Bowl champion Jack Cichy was in the house on Saturday. I still remember asking my friends in disbelief during the USC game if that was Cichy AGAIN, when he got his second sack in a row and then, well, he doesn’t have his nickname for no reason.
Give it up once more for …
THREE. SACK. JACK.
— Wisconsin Football (@BadgerFootball) September 13, 2021
- 2022 QB commit Myles Burkett might be getting himself an ol’ ratings bump if he keeps this up.
#Badgers quarterback commit Myles Burkett has thrown for 1,021 yards and 11 touchdowns to zero interceptions in his first four games, while completing 74.7 percent of his passes. Franklin is also 4-0.https://t.co/zJTEwUkFor
— Evan Flood (@Evan_Flood) September 13, 2021
- The men’s soccer loss for Marquette was their third in a row and, well, that just makes it all the more delicious imo.
- Jim Harbaugh wild press conference quotes are back! The Wolverines will never be rid of this man!
- Hilariously, Clay Helton was fired by USC on Monday after losing to Stanford. Penn State’s James Franklin always seems to come up in these high profile coaching searches. Here is what Black Shoe Diaries thinks about that.
- Purdue’s starting RB Zander Horvath is out 4-8 weeks with a broken leg.
- Ohio State’s usually dominant defensive line hasn’t looked anywhere near dominant through the first two weeks. What’s wrong?
- Maryland’s game against Iowa will be Mental Health Awareness Day. That’s cool.
- Rutgers men’s soccer is heading into Big Ten play unbeaten after dispatching of St. Joe’s.